Back to Water LATEST UPDATE
Learn 2 Swim Changes October 4th 2021
As we continue our phased return throughout our Learn 2 Swim programme, we are delighted to announce the reintroduction of full use of our changing facilities across all sites. This phased approach allows facility staff to monitor the potential increase in Co2 levels in the changing rooms to ensure these are below the government guidance threshold as well as providing a further transition period for staff as we return to normal operation.
- All Aqua Fun classes will have full use of our changing facilities before and after swimming lessons from Monday 4th October
- One parent per child will be permitted into the building to assist changing before leaving the facility and returning at the end of the lesson to assist getting your child changed post swim.
- Please ensure you adhere to social distancing measures within our facilities.
- Face coverings must be worn in all areas by parent/guardian (exemptions apply)
- All other levels will gain full access from Monday 18th October.
- At this time spectating will not be available. We hope to review and release further guidance by the end of October.
- Private lessons remain supsended at this time.
Learn 2 Swim Changes August 16th 2021
We welcome the Scottish Government's move 'beyond level 0' following the First Minister announcement on August 3rd. We are reviewing all available industry guidance and will be making changes to how our services operate as quickly as we can, safely. With this in mind, we are delighted to announce the following changes from Monday 16th August;
- Changing facilities will be available for all participants to change after their lesson.
- All participants should still arrive 'beach ready' to swim. This will allow our staffing teams to maintain enhanced cleaning.
- Spectating will not currently be available, this will be reviewed and advanced notice sent to customers.
- Parent/Guardian's should wait outside where possible during lessons. This will allow staff to do necessary cleaning between sessions.
- Increased changing room supervision by facility staff and teaching staff will be implemented during this time.
- All participants who currently attend Citadel will now use the changing village instead of the dry change areas.
- Classes re-located from Citadel - Prestwick will remain at Prestwick at present. Updates will be released on a phased return in due course.
- Parent/Guardians who require entry to assist a child, should wait out-with the building until the end of your child's lesson time.
We also wanted to take this time to advise our online assessment portal is inactive due to technical difficulties. Following a long break in operation, our provider identified a fault on the application preventing any sync from our teachers to you at home. This has resulted in a new application being created and will be installed soon. The portal is still operational for movements, as these can be inputted manually. Please note this can take up to 48hours to action.
We appreciate with a lack of spectating parent/guardians are eager for regular updates on progress. With this in mind we have been giving children continued feedback at each session. In addition, additional staff members are present on site to update parents on request, as we understand this does not always get to you. Please inform a member of our team if you require this.
We are also pleased to announce a further 8 Swimming Teacher qualified earlier this week and we look forward to welcoming them to our team in the coming months.
Private lessons will remain suspended at this time.
Again, we thank you all for your continued support on returning you and your child back to water as quickly and safely as possible.
Should you require any further information:
Learn 2 Swim Changes April 29th 2021
We are delighted to advise you that we are now in a position to begin to restart our swimming lessons. We know that some people may be nervous about returning to swimming lessons. Our swimming teachers are well prepared to do all they can to address any concerns about returning to the pool. For some people, getting back into the water after a long break means that they have to build water confidence again. It is possible that your child's confidence in water may have regressed a little during lockdown. With patience and encouragement we will support them to develop their confidence and skills in the water.
We have been working with our facilities team to prepare for a phased return to our swimming programme. To ensure that we comply with all national guidance in relation to health and safety, we have had to make some necessary changes to how we operate the Learn 2 Swim programme. We will continue to monitor any further guidance and will keep you informed if we have to make any further changes.
What have we have done to provide a safe environment for your child to return:
- Provided hand sanitiser stations throughout the facility
- Created one-way systems and changed the layout of the facility to support physical distancing.
- Trained staff in our new procedures
- Implemented enhanced cleaning measures throughout the day
- Reduced class sizes
- Implemented a phased return approach
- Provide training opportunities to teaching staff throughout lockdown and beyond to update their knowledge and understanding
- We will have a designated Covid-Officer in place at every session
What changes have we had to make:
- For a small number of people, it may be necessary to make some changes to the pool or to the class time where your child previously had lessons. We will contact those affected as soon as possible.
- We will be relocating all swimming lessons from the Citadel to Prestwick Swimming Pool. We will contact you directly to provide further details.
- At this time we can only allow swimmers onto the poolside. A Covid-officer will meet your child at the entrance to the class and will take them to poolside. They will then bring them back to you at the exit point.
- Private lessons remain cancelled at this time.
What we need you to do:
- Please ensure we have the correct contact details and any medical information about your child. If you need to provide any updates, then you can do so by contacting us using the email below.
- Please check the details of your child's pool, day and class time by logging into your homeportal. If the proposed day and class is no longer suitable please contact us (only when you have a return date) using the email below.
- Please DO NOT bring your child to lessons if they or anyone else in the family have Covid symptoms or if they are supposed to be self-isolating.
- Please ensure your child comes prepared to swim. This is known as 'Beach Ready'. This means having their swimming attire on underneath their clothing when they arrive and that they only bring essentials such as a towel, dry robe, onesie or goggles onto the poolside. No changing facilities will be available (this will be reviewed at a later date).
- It is important that you speak to your child about what will be different and what they can expect on the poolside. Remind them that their teacher is there to help and support them, they will recap on core skills to develop confidence and to keep swimming fun. They should practise getting 'beach ready' and you should encourage them to wear loose clothing such as a Onesie, Dry Robe or Pyjamas to go over their swimwear.
What we need your child to do:
- Use hand sanitisers provided throughout the facility
- Follow all signage and floor markings and any instructions from our team members.
- Wear a face covering at all times in the facility except while on poolside. (medical exemption applies)
- Be prepared to dry and put loose clothing on over swimwear after their swimming lesson.
For further information, to update your child's details or for any general enquiry please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org