Toggle menu

Disabled Travel

If you have a disability and receive certain benefits you may be entitled to a National Entitlement Card for free bus travel in Scotland.

You may also be able to add a companion element to your card, this means a friend, family member or carer supporting you will also be able to travel for free when they are with you.

Apply online

Go to Get Your NEC where you will be taken through the process of setting up a My Account profile and then through the application process. 

To apply online the device you are using requires a camera and applicants require to have a valid UK Photo drivers Licence or a valid UK Passport.

Unable to apply online 

If you are unable to apply online you should contact SPT to apply.

Full information on the scheme, eligibility and proofs required can be found on the Transport Scotland Website.  

Other enquiries

You can do the following online:

  • Order a replacement Card if yours is lost, stolen or faulty
  • Update the photograph on your card 
  • Change your name or address

Go to Get Your NEC to login or create an account.  

Other help

 If you are unable to get the help you need online please contact customer services