Early Years Home Visiting
The Early Years Home Visiting Service supports children with significant/complex additional support needs in the 0-3 age group to achieve appropriate developmental milestones. It is based on the principle that parents are the key figures in the care and development of their children.
The aim of the service is to provide support and guidance to parents/carers and to foster the development of new skills by building on the child's strengths. The teacher and early years practitioner will assess existing skills, identify current strengths and development needs through working with the child and their parents/carers, and coordinating with other professionals involved.
The Early Years Home Visiting Service offers:
- Regular home visits involving play-based activities tailored to meet the needs of the individual child
- A link between parents and other professionals where appropriate
- Assessment and monitoring of progress
- Support and advice for parents
- Liaison with Early Years establishments prior to a placement
Referrals are made by the child's lead professional, usually the health visitor, through a request for assistance following discussion with the principle teacher for the service.