Apply for planning permission
Apply online for planning permission.
Before you start
- You need to submit relevant plans, drawings and information
- Make sure you have the correct supporting documents
- You need your reference number to pay your fee
- You pay your fee after submitting your application
The following applications can't be made through the ePlanning.scot website, but can be made directly to us:
- Download the start of work notice [38.17KB].
- Download the completion of development notice [28.34KB].
- Download an application for non-material variation [36.29KB].
- Download the approval of conditions attached to a planning permission form [32.74KB].
- Download the scale of fees from 1 June 2017 [40.61KB].
Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We'll respond within 20 working days from when we get your application and fee. We'll write to you to confirm if your application is valid and ready to process.
Please note, due to Covid-19, planning applications may take longer than normal to process.
All planning applications are decided in accord with the policies contained in the Local Development Plan (LDP), unless there are material planning considerations that indicate otherwise.
There's also guidance contained in the Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG). For example, if you're proposing a house extension, then the Householder Design Guide is relevant. If you're proposing a development and want to see what policies apply and how your application will be assessed, then please read the relevant parts of these documents.